Friday, October 28, 2016

Always something there to remind me....

I mentioned in my first post about my burgeoning frustration with my live in GF, and that I'd go into more detail at a later date, that time is now.

I've been living with a woman for the past 6 years whom I'd always considered the love of my my, my first choice, the woman I wanted to be with. there was just one problem; I wasn't hers. When I met her in college many years ago, she was in a long distance relationship with a guy for a few years. they didn't see each other frequently, but her and I would make plans to do something only to have them cancelled at the last minute due him coming down unannounced. It was very frustrating to me and my fault for falling for woman not wholly available to me.

She got pregnant from a guy she met in the gym and married him, blowing me and her LDR BF out of the water. I was devastated. I went my own way and didn't talk to her for several years. I still loved her but lived with the fact that I couldn't be with her.

She was at my first wedding, and we saw each other rarely as couples, her and her husband and me and my wife. When my wife became pregnant a few years later the first person besides family I wanted to tell was her. We hadn't talked in a couple of years.

I found her mom at their old house and met her then 3 year old son, (first was a miscarriage) and her 6 month old newborn son. Her mom was getting ready to move, and if I had waited a few more weeks I might not have been able to find her. This was back pre internet, pre facebook, etc... Her mpm told me where she worked and I went to visit her. I stood there in the store watching her help customers for a while trying to get up the nerve to talk to her.

When I finally did, her face lit up up on seeing me, and for me all the old feelings came back in rush.
She was happy for us. and we began to keep in touch more and more.

Little did I know what awaited me in the very near future....




No comments:

Post a Comment