Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Update on a couple of things

For the biggest update, I am back at work after tbree months of unemployment. I started last week at a company that wanted to bring me on as a full-time direct hire, but my salary wad too high for the position. But rather than passing me over for someone less expensive, the converted the position to a contract/contract to hire one.  This lets them bring me in at close to my asking price, but then convert me at a higher salary band.  My only concern is what impact Trump coming into office will have. If he kills ObamaCare, will it have any repercussions to the business? But as it is healthcare related,  there could be both good and bad issues. I will just have to wait and see.

I am still keeping my eyes and ears open to opportunities in the are where W lives.  Since the 100 miles distance makes it hard to see each other on a regular basis. I have an interview with a company about 30 miles south of her,  set up for later this week.  It's for more money than I am making here,  but the cost of living is higher than here (and as I am working on my exit plan housing costs are a consideration for me since I am try to cut expenses.).

I had the opening night of the exhibition a week ago and I was pleased to see my photos displayed like that.  B went with me, but W was not able to make it. I was disappointed, but in retrospect, I really want the first time she sees them to be just her and I. I wanted my first time seeing them to be us alone as well.

There was a video shown that included all of the images I submitted. I don't know if that will still be there the next time I go, or if it's online somewhere. I did however sell two prints,  so I guess I am now a professional photographer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment